flor·i·pon·dio | \ ˌflȯrəˈpändēˌō\
Definition of floripondio
: any of several tropical American shrubs or trees of the genus Datura (especially D. candida) that have narcotic seeds from which an intoxicant is prepared and that are sometimes cultivated in warm regions especially for their very large commonly white flowers
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game