Definition of florin
1a : an old gold coin first struck at Florence in 1252
b : any of various European gold coins patterned after the Florentine florin
2a : a British silver coin worth two shillings
b : any of several similar coins issued in parts of the Commonwealth of Nations
3 : gulden
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game