flo·ren·cée | \ ¦flȯrən¦sā, fləˈren(t)sē\
Definition of florencée
of a fleur-de-lis in art or heraldry
: having a figure in the form of a stem often seeded or flowered at the tip or leaflike or petallike in form arising between each C-scroll and the central lyrate figure the familiar fleur-de-lis florencée of the city of Florence — see florentine lily
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?