flesh outphrasal verb
fleshed out; fleshing out; fleshes out
Definition of flesh out
: to provide more information about (something) : to make (something) more complete by adding details You need to flesh out your plan with more details. She fleshes out the characters in her novels very well.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game