flesh outphrasal verb
fleshed out; fleshing out; fleshes out
Definition of flesh out
: to provide more information about (something) : to make (something) more complete by adding details You need to flesh out your plan with more details. She fleshes out the characters in her novels very well.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?