Definition of firestone
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : pyrite formerly used for striking fire also : flint
2 : a stone that will endure high heat
Definition of Firestone (Entry 2 of 2)
Harvey Samuel 1868–1938 American industrialist
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?