Definition of finishing touch
: the last thing done to make something complete added candles to the cake as the finishing touch —usually plural They're putting the finishing touches on their new home.He's putting the finishing touches on his latest novel.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game