Definition of filter press
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a filter consisting usually of a series of rigid corrugated plates with intervening filter medium (as cloth) assembled in a framework so that the suspension to be filtered can be forced under pressure into the assembled press and the solids can collect as cake between the plates — see plate-and-frame filter
Definition of filter-press (Entry 2 of 2)
: to pass through a filter press
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game