Definition of fight for
- young soldiers fighting for their country
- This is a cause that's worth fighting for.
- The team is fighting for a spot in the play-offs.
- The two armies fought all night for control of the fort.
- They had to fight for survival.
: to contend in battle or physical combat
: to engage in boxing
: to put forth a determined effort
: a hostile encounter : battle, combat
: a boxing match
: a verbal disagreement : argument
What made you want to look up fight for? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).