Definition of fifty-six
(Entry 1 of 3)
fifty-sixpronoun, plural in construction
Definition of fifty-six (Entry 2 of 3)
: 56 countable persons or things not specified but under consideration and being enumerated fifty-six are here fifty-six were found
Definition of fifty-six (Entry 3 of 3)
1 : six and 50 : four times 14 : seven times eight
2a : 56 units or objects a total of fifty-six
b : a group or set of 56
3 : the numerable quantity symbolized by the arabic numerals 56
4 : the 56th in a set or series
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?