Definition of fifty-fourth
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 54 in a countable series the fifty-fourth day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 54 equal parts into which something is divisible a fifty-fourth share of the money
Definition of fifty-fourth (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 54 in a countable series
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 54 : one of 54 equal parts of something one fifty-fourth of the total
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game