Definition of fifty-fifth
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 55 in a countable series the fifty-fifth day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 55 equal parts into which something is divisible a fifty-fifth share of the money
\ " \
Definition of fifty-fifth (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 55 in a countable series
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 55 : one of 55 equal parts of something one fifty-fifth of the total
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game