fi·coid | \ ˈfīˌkȯid\
Definition of ficoid
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : resembling a fig or a plant of the genus Ficus
2 [ New Latin Ficoideae ] : of or relating to the Aizoaceae
variants: or less commonly ficoidal \ (ˌ)fī¦kȯidᵊl \
Definition of ficoid (Entry 2 of 2)
: a plant of the family Aizoaceae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game