Definition of fetal circulation
: the course of the blood in the vessels of the fetus, impure blood passing in man and the higher mammals to the placenta by the umbilical arteries, returning purified and charged with nutriment by the umbilical vein, and entering the inferior vena cava either directly by the ductus venosus or after passing through the liver
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?