fen·chyl alcohol | \ -ˌchil-, -chə̇l-\
Definition of fenchyl alcohol
: either of two stereoisomeric alcohols C10H17OH made by hydrogenation of fenchone especially : the solid racemic alpha-fenchyl alcohol obtained from pine oil from the stumps of southern pine
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game