Definition of feathered
1 : having feathers … misidentified as … a flying reptile, not a feathered dinosaur…— Luis M. Chiappe referring to birds as "our feathered friends"
2 : covered or decorated with feathers He was a big man, and in his costume— … feathered anklets, feathered gauntlets, beaded headband … —he seemed magnified in every dimension, almost a spirit-being.— Ian Frazier From this region come the magnificent beadwork art, the buckskin garments, the great feathered war bonnet, and the concept of long fringed shirts.— Frederick J. Dockstader
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?