Definition of feathered
1 : having feathers … misidentified as … a flying reptile, not a feathered dinosaur …— Luis M. Chiappe referring to birds as "our feathered friends"
2 : covered or decorated with feathers He was a big man, and in his costume— … feathered anklets, feathered gauntlets, beaded headband … —he seemed magnified in every dimension, almost a spirit-being.— Ian Frazier From this region come the magnificent beadwork art, the buckskin garments, the great feathered war bonnet, and the concept of long fringed shirts.— Frederick J. Dockstader
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game