fear forphrasal verb
feared for; fearing for; fears for
Definition of fear for
: to feel concern for (something or someone) : to worry about (something or someone) She feared for her husband's safety.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game