Definition of fatiguing
: causing physical or mental weariness or exhaustion : causing fatigue For tens of thousands of Americans afflicted with inflammatory muscle diseases, simple tasks may be overwhelmingly difficult or fatiguing.— Jane E. Brody … sleazy discos that have provided the subject matter (and often the fatiguing life style) for many of his contemporaries.— Carolyn Gaiser
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game