Definition of fangirl
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a girl or woman who is an extremely or overly enthusiastic fan of someone or something
fangirled; fangirling; fangirls
Definition of fangirl (Entry 2 of 2)
: to exhibit fandom often to an excessive degree : to behave like an extremely devoted or overly excited fangirl "I totally fangirled," [Katy] Tiz admitted. "You have no idea. He came right near me, and I'm pretty sure he looked right at me while singing. I was screaming …"— Joe Lynch "They're like fangirling over me, and I'm fangirling over the fact they're fangirling over me, and we're all just like freaking out, so excited," she [Madeline Brewer, actress] says with a laugh.— Terri Schwartz … after three years of fangirling over one of my favorite bands—owning all their music …—I knew I'd have to see them one way or another …— Melody Appel
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?