Definition of fan-tan
1 : a Chinese gambling game in which the banker divides a pile of objects (such as beans) into fours and players bet on what number will be left at the end of the count
2 : a card game in which players must build in sequence upon sevens and attempt to be the first one out of cards
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game