fall foul ofidiom
Definition of fall foul of
: to get into trouble because of failing to do what is required by (the law, a rule, etc.) After leaving school she fell foul of the law and spent time in jail. companies that fall foul of labor laws
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game