Definition of exploited
: used for someone's advantage an exploited resource Pescatarians … are forgetting the fact that fish are the most exploited species on our planet. — NationalPost.com When a system becomes victim to an exploited vulnerability or an intruder, its behavior often changes.— David Hamm especially, of a person : unfairly or meanly used for another's advantage He dedicated his life to improving the wages and working conditions of one of the nation's poorest and most exploited groups of workers … — James C. Harrington
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game