ex·occipital | \ ¦eks+\
Definition of exoccipital
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or relating to a bone or region on each side of the foramen magnum of the skull
Definition of exoccipital (Entry 2 of 2)
: either of a pair of bones lying one on each side of the foramen magnum and free in lower vertebrates but forming in man a part of the occipital bone
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game