Definition of exarch
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a Byzantine viceroy
2 : an Eastern bishop ranking below a patriarch and above a metropolitan specifically : the head of an independent church
Definition of exarch (Entry 2 of 2)
: formed or taking place from the periphery toward the center exarch xylem
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game