\ (ˈ)ek¦spōst \
Definition of ex post
: based on knowledge and retrospection and being essentially objective and factual consistency of market behavior, and therefore reasonable conformity of ex ante expectations with ex post reality, is basically determined by the social stability of the community— Werner Hochwald —opposed to ex ante
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game