Definition of ex post
: based on knowledge and retrospection and being essentially objective and factual consistency of market behavior, and therefore reasonable conformity of ex ante expectations with ex post reality, is basically determined by the social stability of the community— Werner Hochwald —opposed to ex ante
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game