Definition of ex ante
: based on assumption and prediction and being essentially subjective and estimative an ex ante plan for the budget consistency of market behavior, and therefore reasonable conformity of ex ante expectations with ex post reality, is basically determined by the social stability of the community— Werner Hochwald —opposed to ex post
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game