eton bluenoun, often capitalized E
Definition of eton blue
: a light bluish green that is bluer and duller than average aqua green (see aqua green sense 1) or average turquoise green and bluer and deeper than robin's-egg blue (see robbin's-egg blue )
— called also Cambridge blue
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?