Definition of ethylene chlorohydrin
: a colorless toxic liquid alcohol ClCH2CH2OH made usually by reaction of ethylene with chlorine and water especially in the presence of alkali and used chiefly in organic synthesis (as of ethylene oxide and ethylene glycol) and as a solvent
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game