variants: or erythrean \ " \
Definition of erythraean
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or relating to the sea that in ancient geography comprised the Arabian sea, the Red sea, and the Persian gulf
Er·y·thrae·an | \ ¦erə¦thrēən\
Definition of Erythraean (Entry 2 of 2)
: of or relating to Erythrae, an ancient Ionian city of Asia Minor that claimed to have been the residence of the sibyl Herophile
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game