Definition of erenow
archaic + literary
: before this time : heretofore … Arboriculture would indeed have been improved, under such an instructor. His excellent example would long erenow have rendered both science and information indispensable to our profession.— Sir Henry Steuart "His vengeance may be delayed for a time, but not forever," she answered … . "You say true, lovely Ellen; and I have done enough, erenow, to insure its heaviest weight. …"— Nathaniel Hawthorne
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?