er·e·moph·i·la | \ -äfələ\
Definition of eremophila
1 capitalized : a genus of shrubs or trees (family Myoporaceae) having large solitary or paired often spotted flowers one species of which (E. latrobei) is important in Australia as a stock-poisoning plant
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Eremophila
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game