Definition of equiponderate
(Entry 1 of 2)
archaic : to be equal in weight or force the design … must be regulated by the art of statics and the duly poising of all parts to equiponderate— Sir Christopher Wren
Definition of equiponderate (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?