Definition of epigeal
1 of a cotyledon : forced above ground by elongation of the hypocotyl
2 : marked by the production of epigeal cotyledons epigeal germination
3 : living on or near the surface of the ground also : relating to or being the environment near the surface of the ground
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game