variants: or less commonly epicoracoidal \ ¦epə̇ , ¦epē+ \
Definition of epicoracoid
(Entry 1 of 2)
: lying at the sternal end of the coracoid —used of a cartilaginous or bony element lying in the shoulder girdle of some vertebrates (such as various reptiles, amphibians, and monotreme mammals)
\ " \
Definition of epicoracoid (Entry 2 of 2)
: an epicoracoid bone or cartilage
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game