Definition of end line
: a line marking an end or boundary especially of a playing area: such as
a : a line at either end of a football field 10 yards beyond and parallel to the goal line
b : a line at either end of a court (as in basketball or tennis) perpendicular to the sidelines
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game