Definition of enclosed
1 : closed in or fenced off an enclosed yard an enclosed porch Even a small fire in the enclosed area of a mine shaft can create a tremendous amount of smoke.— Dorothy Stripp
2 : included along with something else in a parcel or envelope You may be interested in the enclosed clipping from today's paper.— E. B. White
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game