Definition of empath
: one who experiences the emotions of others : a person who has empathy for others Lucas didn't need to be an empath to understand that the twist to Jason's voice was fury, grief, and pain— K. M. Ruiz If you feel the Earth's pain before an earthquake or have a panic attack because someone near you is anxious, you might be an empath too.— Hannah Ewens
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game