elm leaf beetlenoun
Definition of elm leaf beetle
: a small yellow to greenish black-striped Old World chrysomelid beetle (Pyrrhalta luteola) that in the larval and adult stage is a leaf-eating pest of elms in eastern North America
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?