Definition of electrolytic interrupter
: an electrical interrupter consisting of a cell containing two electrodes in an electrolytic solution in which bubbles formed at frequent intervals by application of current to one of the electrodes continually interrupt the passage of current
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game