Definition of electrolytic condenser
: a capacitor in which one plate is formed of a metal (such as aluminum) and the other plate by an electrolyte, the separating dielectric consisting of a film of gas deposited on the metal when the metal is used as an anode in a suitable electrolyte
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game