Definition of eighty-three
(Entry 1 of 3)
eighty-threepronoun, plural in construction
\ " \
Definition of eighty-three (Entry 2 of 3)
: 83 countable persons or things not specified but under consideration and being enumerated eighty-three are here eighty-three were found
\ " \
Definition of eighty-three (Entry 3 of 3)
1 : three and 80
2a : 83 units or objects a total of eighty-three
b : a group or set of 83
3 : the numerable quantity symbolized by the arabic numerals 83
4 : the 83d in a set or series
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game