Definition of edit oneself
: to change what one was going to say or would normally say I feel like I have to edit myself when I talk to them. "I never saw it," she said before quickly editing herself, "or at least I don't remember seeing it."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game