eche·lette | \ ¦eshə¦let, ¦āsh-\
Definition of echelette
: a reflection grating made by ruling parallel V-shaped grooves in a polished metal plate so that light is reflected from the corresponding faces of successive grooves
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game