duo·tone | \ ˈd(y)üəˌtōn\
variants: or duotoned \ -nd \
Definition of duotone
(Entry 1 of 2)
: having or yielding two tones or colors
Definition of duotone (Entry 2 of 2)
: a process for making prints typically in two shades of the same color or in black and one tint by the use of two halftone plates made with the screen set at two different angles duotone plates duotone illustrations also : a print made by this process
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game