Definition of dumpster diving
- When he talks about his experiment in dumpster diving, Ferrell emphasizes that he had advantages that most people who scrounge for a living do not—his own house, a pickup truck, and a wife with a job.
- —Tom Bartlett
- Today, Mr. Jones … subsists by Dumpster diving, doing odd jobs and, when he sees the opportunity, scavenging scrap metal.
- —John Eligon
- … a freegan is a person who has decided to boycott capitalist society by severely curtailing consumption of resources through reusing, recycling and Dumpster diving.
- —Raina Kelley
- In Boulder, an affluent town of 96,700, where houses are demolished to make way for mansions, Dumpster diving for building supplies may have found its cultural moment.
- —Hillary Rosner
dumpster diveror Dumpster diver noun
- As my trash pile got larger, I turned around and she was sorting through the trash like you might see a dumpster diver in the inner city.
- —Collins Doughtie
- As avid flea market and yard sale goers, eBay addicts, and Dumpster divers, we have always ended up with extra furniture.
- —Martha Stewart Living