Definition of due date
1 : the day by which something must be done, paid, etc. The due date for the assignment is Friday. Tomorrow's the due date for our electricity bill.
2 : the day when a woman is expected to give birth She started having contractions two weeks before her due date.
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game