variants: or less commonly duckbill dinosaur
Definition of duck-billed dinosaur
: any of various herbivorous dinosaurs (family Hadrosauridae) of the Late Cretaceous having the jaw elongated into a snout that resembles a beak : hadrosaur Fossils of a duck-billed dinosaur have turned up in Antarctica, recalling a time 66 million years ago when the now-frozen continent bore forests and a bountiful ecosystem.— Richard Monastersky
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game