Definition of drum break
: a short segment of a piece of music (such as a rock song or a march) in which the drummer or drummers play alone also : a short segment of percussion accompaniment that is used as a sample loop
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game