drink upphrasal verb
drank up; drunk up or drank up; drinking up; drinks up
Definition of drink up
: to drink all of (something) They drank up (all) the orange juice. Here's a glass of the vineyard's latest wine. Drink up!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game