Definition of double-banked
1a of a rowboat : having two banks of rowers sitting side by side
b of an oar : manned by two rowers
2 : having two tiers the bireme was a double-banked galley a double-banked frigate a double-banked organ
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?