Definition of double cloth
1 : a compound cloth consisting of two distinct fabrics united at regular intervals by having a thread of warp or filling passing from one to the other and used especially for coating, blankets, and upholstery
2 : a backed cloth
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game